Out of place threads.. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have noticed many are placing threads not related to student rockstar in this sub-forum. I request all of you to please post relevant posts relating to student rockstar in this sub- forum. For each type of discussion many sub-forums are created plz post it there.

What do you all feel?
    Friday, September 28, 2007 7:19 PM

All replies

•  

Yuppp....you are aboslutely right...many users are posting technical queries in this forum.But a forum for these types of questions is alredy present.Though i have alredy posted some replies to those threads...,these must be prevented,Because if not then the main objective of this forums will be lost..
    Friday, September 28, 2007 7:37 PM
  • I believe the best action would be not to answer this kind of queries until posted under proper sub-forum.
    Friday, September 28, 2007 7:40 PM
  • s ur right... people repeat tis... so its always better 2 avoid rplying such threads...

Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:06 PM
  • ya great idea...i too felt the same when i came across those annoying threads...
    Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:31 PM
  • i am really sorry guyz...

i have posted 2 threads before i dint knew that these threads have to be posted in the other section..i used to put all my threads only in srs section...this is due to my ignorance i am really sorry..i will post my queries in the relevant sections...any way thank u for the info guys...
    Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:49 PM
  • @ranjith tats k yar! even i did tis mistake once unknowingly...  

Sunday, September 30, 2007 11:34 AM
  • i don think the threads started by u r not relevant to this contest...but the intention of this thread to create awareness among all members regarding useful thread creation and not in pointing out anybody saying that they hav done some mistake...so don worry, koog going...
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:31 PM
  • Yes friends I did not make this thread to hurt anybody or make anyone feel low. This thread is to guide everyone to the right path, don't feel sorry Ranjeet. Relevant questions and posts were going down the pages that's why I created the thread. All the threads are useful but some are out of place. It will be of great value in it's relevant sub-forum.
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:43 PM
  • just ignore such posts

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:41 PM
  • thats ok friends...i will not feel for these things...i always consider u as my friends...i think i have aquired many loving friends here..i am very happy now...keep  going friends...

Sunday, September 30, 2007 5:24 PM
  • ya man... tats nice to get more frnds here...

Monday, October 1, 2007 12:21 PM
  •  

the thing is..that its not 1 or 2 people who are doing this,...there are actually many...

is there anyway that these posts can be monitored and checked by Microsoft,and then allowed ??

or i guess the best way is to simply ignore them like some of you'll have previously stated!

Monday, October 1, 2007 12:26 PM
  • i don think v can hav mechanism wher the topics will b filtered, bcoz forums r meant jus to express wat ever v feel, if v filter the topics then the whole key concept for which we hav forums is getting affected...so its better v don reply them...
    Monday, October 1, 2007 3:26 PM
  • Friends the out of place threads problem has become prevelant again. People are posting many threads un-related to SRS. That is the reason I dug up this thread again.

Many new people unknowingly post this kind of threads. Experienced members should guide them to put this kind of thread under some other sub-forum. Best solution that came out from previous discussion was not to answer out of place threads.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:56 PM
  • Man this time ppl are just spamming things everywhere and anywhere in the forums. Whenever i try to ogin to te forums, everytime i see new threads on the thread list page, and important threads go down deeper and deeper in the page list. It isbecomming veryhard for us to track the imporrant threads of discussions, and hence i guess this time i have worked very less on the forums, cause whenever i try to help, i feel that it is an improper place to support the thread cause of its improper location, and hence refrain from replying to that thread thinking that if i relpy to that thread, it would be thought of supporting those threads. I hope ppl here realize the need for the forums as only a help and disuccison place, and justnot anything that comes in the mind of ppl, if they want to post just anything why not post it in the OTHER section. there are appropriate threads and sections for different kinds of talks, just use them properly, and see we will all be happy to be a part of this forums.

Many ppl must have noticed the old members who took part in the last contest are less active this time, and i am sure this would be the same reason why they are not supporting many threads just cause of its irrelevance.

I hope my message is clear now and others understand and keep this a better palce for us to easily browse Wink
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:00 AM
  • yup..its really sad seeing so many out-of-place threads created mixed up between the various categories

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:23 AM

• better make moderater to take action on these cases...
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:47 AM
  • Let's make a resolve not to answer any out of place threads. Just leave them as it is, if they are not answered they will go down automatically.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:22 PM

• Yes if we place the threads properly we can get clear view of questions and the replies that are  posted....
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:11 PM
  • more than getting a clear view,the place sometimes looks annoying wid these kinda irrelevant topics...
    Friday, October 26, 2007 12:17 AM
  • admin's can also involve in the work of deleting the irrelevant threads in the forum...this would help us to be more interactive in the forum..
    Friday, October 26, 2007 6:29 PM
  •  

i didnt think admin will look after all these things !! It is we , the members should keep the forum clean ,...! Adding fewq moderators is also a better idea ., so that some irrelevant threads can be deleted .
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:03 AM
  • Adding moderators is a good solution.

In the meanwhile we should ignore such posts. So that these irrelevant posts go down the pages.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:24 PM