send email workflow help!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.... I need to send an email to a user who initiated a workflow, how can I know who is this user and how to specific the name??? I also need to send an email from CRM Administrator but I don't know where to obtain this user from.

may you help me, please??

thanks in advance!!

• Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:05 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:26 PM

Answers

• Let's assume you need to run a workflow(send email) on Account Updated event to user who has updated the Account.

1. You will create a workflow on update event of an account.
    2. Go to Add Step --> Create Record -->Select Entity "Email" -->Set Properties

3. for Email From field, select CRM Administrator from Lookup list ( you can select Administrator from lookup list of system user)

3. for Email To field, select Account Entity in form assistant--> Select ModifiedBy attribute (Thus you will get the Modified User)

Let me know if you have any further Questions..

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap

Mark as answer if a post has answered the question
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:47 PM

All replies

• Let's assume you need to run a workflow(send email) on Account Updated event to user who has updated the Account.

1. You will create a workflow on update event of an account.
    2. Go to Add Step --> Create Record -->Select Entity "Email" -->Set Properties

3. for Email From field, select CRM Administrator from Lookup list ( you can select Administrator from lookup list of system user)

3. for Email To field, select Account Entity in form assistant--> Select ModifiedBy attribute (Thus you will get the Modified User)

Let me know if you have any further Questions..

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap

Mark as answer if a post has answered the question
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:47 PM
  • thanks for your response...

now the problem is that I cant see the list of system user, I only have user list, .. where can I get that list???

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:54 PM