Shared Remote Access for WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi WHS members

I was wondering if WHS can allow mutilple remote users to share one host computer? I have a software that sits on this host computer but I would allow mutilpe users to see and use this software in real time. sorry if question is retarded, am new to whole WHS world, but am very interested in possiblity of this fullfilling my IT needs

- Eric
    Monday, April 7, 2008 10:59 PM

Answers

•  cokeburger wrote:
    Hi WHS members

I was wondering if WHS can allow mutilple remote users to share one host computer? I have a software that sits on this host computer but I would allow mutilpe users to see and use this software in real time. sorry if question is retarded, am new to whole WHS world, but am very interested in possiblity of this fullfilling my IT needs

- Eric

Nope.  All WHS does is provide a simple user interface for RDC.  It doesn't add any feature not already present in the OS (and no client OS allows for concurrent connections, which is what you are looking for).  However, if you were able to force a server OS, such as Windows Server 2003, to be recognized in WHS, that would be a different story. Smile

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:28 AM

All replies

•  cokeburger wrote:
    Hi WHS members

- Eric

Nope.  All WHS does is provide a simple user interface for RDC.  It doesn't add any feature not already present in the OS (and no client OS allows for concurrent connections, which is what you are looking for).  However, if you were able to force a server OS, such as Windows Server 2003, to be recognized in WHS, that would be a different story. Smile

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:28 AM

• But WHS can work much in same fashion in terms of functionality such as logmein software?
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:40 PM
  • Windows Home Server allows you to make a secure connection to the PCs on your home network using Remote Desktop. If the limitations inherent in that (only one user connected, for example) are acceptable, then yes.
    Friday, April 11, 2008 2:12 AM