Simple Report Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have done this before, but for the life of me I can't figure it out now.  I have a report within Money that I want to create a copy of so that i can modify some of the requirements for the second report.  How do you duplicate a report defined within Money?

Thank you very much for your help!

Tom

Thomas M. Tomlinson, CPA

Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:36 PM

Answers

• Go to Reports and select the report you want to start with.

Click Customize on the left, and make any customizations.

For custom column widths, see Customize->Fonts->ReportColumnWidths drop-down list.  Custom column size follows the spacing from adjusting the column widths by clicking the borders between column headings and moving the mouse left or right.

You could try different fonts, font size, and select Custom. Most of the time you won't care to change the font.

To make this modified version easily accessible in the future,right-click into the report and choose addToFavorites.  Enter a descriptive name, OK.

Near the top, click Favorites->FavoriteReports.  Select your new
    Favorite report.

Monday, October 15, 2012 12:21 AM

All replies

• Go to Reports and select the report you want to start with.

Click Customize on the left, and make any customizations.

For custom column widths, see Customize->Fonts->ReportColumnWidths drop-down list.  Custom column size follows the spacing from adjusting the column widths by clicking the borders between column headings and moving the mouse left or right.

You could try different fonts, font size, and select Custom. Most of the time you won't care to change the font.

To make this modified version easily accessible in the future,right-click into the report and choose addToFavorites.  Enter a descriptive name, OK.

Near the top, click Favorites->FavoriteReports.  Select your new
    Favorite report.

Monday, October 15, 2012 12:21 AM
  • Thank you very much for your quick response.  I had discovered this method, but thought there should be a "right mouse click option" to create a copy of a report previously defined.  I still think Money is the best personal finance package out there and disappointed Microsoft chose to move away.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thomas M. Tomlinson, CPA

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:31 PM