How to Uninstall Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot install v2.0 (beta) unless I uninstall my currently installed v1.6.  So, how do I uninstall OneCare?  I cannot find any uninstall option in Uninstalling Programs in Control Panel, not an uninstall option in the C:\Program Files/OneCare folder.  This is rediculous.  How can I uninstall this stupid program?  I do not like programs that have a whole bunch of hidden files or cryptic vodoo features.

Uncle Dannie

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista) you should see an entry for Windows Live OneCare with the blue "1" icon. Click it to start the uninstaller.

You can also use the cleanup tool found here -  http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, October 4, 2007 1:11 AM
  • The cleanup tool is very helpful.

Caution though: There are two tools that provide the same type of service, one is called Windows Installer Cleanup, from Microsoft Office. Windows Installer Cleanup doesnt remove "Everything" that needs to be removed from OneCare. Therefore, it is a good idea to use the cleanup tool created by OneCare to remove any edition of OneCare.
    Monday, October 8, 2007 2:09 AM