none
Final RTM code arrives (UK) RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I'm pleased to confirm that the RTM CDs have arrived with us (Tranquil PC) here, and now it's just a few days, before the organisation commences shipping of the T7-HSA (Harmony Home Server Appliances).  I'm going to ensure that there are no last minute shocks or changes, before we complete our builds.  If we come across any substantial changes, or notice any useful 'fixes' we'll be the first to post under this thread.

I'm hoping that we're going to see a 'uPnP' router fix etc !!!  For the box - check out : http://www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk/acatalog/T7-HSA.html

Watch here for any of our feedback, or if you have your own RTM code comments, please make a post.

Monday, September 10, 2007 1:14 PM

All replies

• You'll see a "UPnP router fix" when the router manufacturers get off their butts and come up with a standard way of configuring their devices via an appropriate protocol. And UPnP is unlikely to be involved in that protocol; much as I like Microsoft's products and ideas in general, UPnP as applied by Microsoft to your Internet gateway device is a Really Bad Idea™.

The issues you see today with Windows Home Server also exist to a lesser extent with XP and Vista, which also use UPnP to communicate with, do discovery on, and configure your router, BTW.

All that said, I'm glad you've got code in hand and will be shipping soon. Smile
    Monday, September 10, 2007 2:53 PM