Automatic Updates not find Power Packs 2&3 RRS feed

• Question

• I had to do a server reinstall as when I would log into my corporate VPN, then log out, my connection to WHS would not work stating the server could not be found although the connector would allow me to log in.  Once in when I would click on Settings, the pop up would freeze then disappear.  I read other posts regarding this and it stated to do a server reinstallation.

Now that I have reinstalled the server, it is only showing PP1 and there are no more updates to download.  I have tried rebooting the server as well.  My other issue is with installing the connector to my PC's.  After I get to the Home Computer Wake Up option, there is a pause then I get the error message Unknown network error occurred.  My PC's are running Windows 7.  Here is the version of WHS:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.0

Suggestions?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:22 AM

All replies

• I had to do a server reinstall as when I would log into my corporate VPN, then log out, my connection to WHS would not work stating the server could not be found although the connector would allow me to log in.  Once in when I would click on Settings, the pop up would freeze then disappear.  I read other posts regarding this and it stated to do a server reinstallation.

Now that I have reinstalled the server, it is only showing PP1 and there are no more updates to download.  I have tried rebooting the server as well.  My other issue is with installing the connector to my PC's.  After I get to the Home Computer Wake Up option, there is a pause then I get the error message Unknown network error occurred.  My PC's are running Windows 7.  Here is the version of WHS:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.0

Suggestions?

Did you ever get any updates (not just WHS updates, but Windows Server 2003 updates)?  Although unsupported, what happens if you logon to the server desktop and go the Windows Update site from there?
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:31 AM