about building windows RRS feed

• Question

• guys.... can u tell me more about building the windows OS itself.... plz tell me i will surely be grateful to you...
    Monday, February 19, 2007 9:25 AM

Answers

• i know it isn't open source....
  • dude... i know windows isn't opensource..... i want to know wether i can use a builder to tweak it....
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:27 PM
  • yes dude ... it will be great to have such a software....i wanna use 1 do u have the link where i can download from.... plz..
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:55 PM
  • sorry bro  ... i dont have any such links...... people in dis forum ... post some of the software links..
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:53 AM
  • even me here..... lets wait for someone to do it..... i desperately wanna give a try..... :)
    Friday, February 23, 2007 10:46 AM
  • ok... but is there some software..like dat??? i doubt.... anyways lets be positive...
    Friday, February 23, 2007 11:39 AM
  • building an os is not an easy task as u think...it needs a good programming knowledge at assembly level also u need to be familiar with the machine architecture...
    Friday, February 23, 2007 1:17 PM
  • i think u can build OS ...a linux one..........its free.........ad nothing is impossible for geeks..........
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:40 PM
  • fine....................... i know dat we need to improve... i guess this is the best way to learn....:)
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:45 PM
  • C'mon thr is always a beginning .......................I begin now...........
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:22 PM
  • fine me too ...... kal kare so aaj kar ... aaj kar toh ab.....!!!!!!!!!!... i will download sdk now...............:)..... i guess i can't do anythin with it.... post how to do it xactly...
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Building windows is not an easy game. It needs expert programming skills, expert knowledge about hardwares and softwares. Presently windows xpis build on .net environment.

So. if you want to  build an OS like XP then program it with .net environment.

But you you have to program it. There is not any alternative.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:35 AM
  • program it in d sense?????... make it clear gaurav.....
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:23 AM
  • Hello Chethan,

You cannot cut,copy and paste the items and make an Operating System. It has to be programmed.

Some part of it is programmed in High level languages and some part is written in Assembly language also.

But now a days .NET programming technique is used to build the graphical features of an OS. But the real backbone is still C or C++. These are used to create security features in the OS and they are also used to link different features of OS ery efficiently. You might also be thinking about JAVA, but it is used to create Web pages and games more prominently these days.

And ther are many many many moer things which is used to develop an OS. Development of OS is the work of many expert individuals who work for years to bring a better and more powerful OS.

If you like my post please mark me as answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:38 PM
  • thnx gaurav, was a good post.. will mark u... i think JAVA is a light OS and mostly used for Mobiles..... although it has applications in web development ... and coding..
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:10 PM
  • gaurav, do we get some softwares for bulding a lite weight os or wat??... i m not speaking about linux
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:24 AM
  • building windows is not easy.. you need to be creative intelligent and smart in building something like Windows. It will take loads of years.. Instead play around with Linux..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:58 PM
  •  Karthik_Kastury_21b8b6 wrote:
    building windows is not easy.. you need to be creative intelligent and smart in building something like Windows. It will take loads of years.. Instead play around with Linux..

yea.. right now i am just doing that. .

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 7:40 PM

All replies

• i know it isn't open source....
  • YOU THINK BUILDING WINDOWS IS OPEN SOURCE????

MAN I GUESS BUILDING LINUX IS OPEN SOURCE????

BELIEVE ME YOU NEED TO GET THOSE KITS FROM MICROSOFT TO START BUILDING A OS AND NOT WINDOWS OS..............
    Monday, February 19, 2007 2:11 PM
  • dude... i know windows isn't opensource..... i want to know wether i can use a builder to tweak it....
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:27 PM
  • yes dude ... it will be great to have such a software....i wanna use 1 do u have the link where i can download from.... plz..
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:55 PM
  • sorry bro  ... i dont have any such links...... people in dis forum ... post some of the software links..
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:53 AM
  • even me here..... lets wait for someone to do it..... i desperately wanna give a try..... :)
    Friday, February 23, 2007 10:46 AM
  • ok... but is there some software..like dat??? i doubt.... anyways lets be positive...
    Friday, February 23, 2007 11:39 AM
  • building an os is not an easy task as u think...it needs a good programming knowledge at assembly level also u need to be familiar with the machine architecture...
    Friday, February 23, 2007 1:17 PM
  • i think u can build OS ...a linux one..........its free.........ad nothing is impossible for geeks..........
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:40 PM
  • fine....................... i know dat we need to improve... i guess this is the best way to learn....:)
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:45 PM
  • C'mon thr is always a beginning .......................I begin now...........
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:22 PM
  • fine me too ...... kal kare so aaj kar ... aaj kar toh ab.....!!!!!!!!!!... i will download sdk now...............:)..... i guess i can't do anythin with it.... post how to do it xactly...
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Building windows is not an easy game. It needs expert programming skills, expert knowledge about hardwares and softwares. Presently windows xpis build on .net environment.

So. if you want to  build an OS like XP then program it with .net environment.

But you you have to program it. There is not any alternative.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:35 AM
  • program it in d sense?????... make it clear gaurav.....
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:23 AM
  • U need a knowledge of programming codes
    i.e. in simpler terms knowledge of codes to utilize the devices in the machine(PC)......

Sunday, February 25, 2007 2:13 PM
  • Hello Chethan,

You cannot cut,copy and paste the items and make an Operating System. It has to be programmed.

Some part of it is programmed in High level languages and some part is written in Assembly language also.

But now a days .NET programming technique is used to build the graphical features of an OS. But the real backbone is still C or C++. These are used to create security features in the OS and they are also used to link different features of OS ery efficiently. You might also be thinking about JAVA, but it is used to create Web pages and games more prominently these days.

And ther are many many many moer things which is used to develop an OS. Development of OS is the work of many expert individuals who work for years to bring a better and more powerful OS.

If you like my post please mark me as answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:38 PM
  • thnx gaurav, was a good post.. will mark u... i think JAVA is a light OS and mostly used for Mobiles..... although it has applications in web development ... and coding..
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:10 PM
  • java programming is easy.... but . net is quite tough.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:39 PM
  • gaurav, do we get some softwares for bulding a lite weight os or wat??... i m not speaking about linux
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:24 AM
  • building windows is not easy.. you need to be creative intelligent and smart in building something like Windows. It will take loads of years.. Instead play around with Linux..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:58 PM
  •  Karthik_Kastury_21b8b6 wrote:
    building windows is not easy.. you need to be creative intelligent and smart in building something like Windows. It will take loads of years.. Instead play around with Linux..

yea.. right now i am just doing that. .

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 7:40 PM