none
Prompts project will not save RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed speech server developer on my windows xp machine.  When I create a new voice response workflow application,  and then save the solution, the prompts db project does not save to the new directory, it stays in the temporary projects folder where visual studio initially saves everything.  Has anybody else had this issue and found a workaround?

BTW I am running VS 2005 Pro.
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:32 PM

All replies

• I had this same exact problem. Called it into Microsoft and they did confirm this is a problem.

Work around:

First, create a new folder that will house your project files. (For example: C:\Development\VRWorkflow
    Then, create a new VRWork flow project in VS2005.
    When you get the dialog box that prompts you to create the Grammar, Prompt, etc files, you need to specify a path for the last one which is the Prompt database and it should look like this: C:\Development\VRWorkflow\VRWorkflowPrompts
    Once your files are created, click the save all button and your project will save. CLOSE THE PROJECT.
    Locate the .SLN file for your project, open it up in Notepad and add the fullpath to the VRWorkflowPrompts.PrProj line which should look like this: C:\Development\VRWorkflow\VRWorkflowPrompts.PrProj.

You should now be able to modify, run and save your project.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 1:13 PM