none
Can a powershell script triggered using a email.? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a powershell script which  connects to a database and will retrieve a set of members from a table and will 

send emails to the respective members.

The content and subject will be in the mail which triggers the script.

is it possible? 

Rajesh Kumar NSR, FIM administrator, Wipro Technologies. India.

• Edited by Rajesh.NSR Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:36 AM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, March 9, 2018 7:18 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:35 AM

All replies

• Yes.  This is possible.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by BOfH-666 Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:38 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:13 AM
  • I have the script in hand with me and i dont have an idea how to make the script trigger by an email.

The way it should work,

• I will send a email with input parameters as recipient address (ex: input1.input2@domain.com), with a subject and body.
    • Based on the input parameters the script should go into a loop and fetch the data and grabs the email addresses and will send out the email to all recipients.

How do i make the script to trigger with an email and make the script to take input parameters from the recipient address?

Friday, July 21, 2017 2:29 AM
  • I have the script in hand with me and i dont have an idea how to make the script trigger by an email.

The way it should work,

• I will send a email with input parameters as recipient address (ex: input1.input2@domain.com), with a subject and body.
    • Based on the input parameters the script should go into a loop and fetch the data and grabs the email addresses and will send out the email to all recipients.

How do i make the script to trigger with an email and make the script to take input parameters from the recipient address?

There is no way to do this with a script.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:50 AM
  • okay just let me know how to trigger a ps script with an email.

Thanks in advance..!

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Have a look at this thread, the script near the bottom maybe of some help. 
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:31 AM
  • https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/41959a76-a01b-4f4a-b2f0-a41f2299596d/script-to-execute-after-email-is-received?forum=ITCG

Helps if I out the link in lol

Friday, July 21, 2017 11:32 AM