Using the Resolve Address Form to do a Bulk Update on all Email Messages with the Specified Unresolved Address RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use the native Resolve Address form to do a bulk update on all email messages that contain the specified unresolved email address in one of the activitylist party fields (e.g. to, from, cc, or bcc).

Currently, I have a HTML web resource page linked linked to a javascript web resource that uses fetchxml query for all the email messages that have an unresolved address displayed in a dashboard. From the results of the fetch I get all the distinct the unresolved email addresses and display in a table, where an end user can click the email address to launch the native resolve address form.

var clientURL = Xrm.Page.context.getClientUrl();
    var URL = clientURL = "/_controls/partylist/resolve.aspx?address=" + this.address;
    window.open(URL);

After the user finishes associating the email address with a contact, how do I update all the corresponding email messages with this contact? Is there a way to directly do this in javascript? Can I trigger a plugin to run explicitly on resolving of an address? How would I patch into this workflow to do a bulk update?

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:49 PM