none
70-236 Study: Using 2003 server x64 or other? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, i'm having a hard time sroting this issue out.

The 70-236 official manual states that the labs require a 2003 r2 x64 OS to use with exchange server 2007 x64.

the problem is that i can't find any eval OS for either, must i use 64bits? will there be diferences? can i use 2008?

help !!!!!

Friday, August 5, 2011 10:48 AM

Answers

• The training kit states:

You also get an evaluation version of Exchange Server 2007 software 

What version is the software that came with the book?

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:35 AM

All replies

• Well since i got no reply, i'll be using windows 2003 R2 x86 and exchange server 2007 32bit, hopefully there won't be any diferences and future googlers can refer to this thread as help
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:58 AM
  • The training kit states:

You also get an evaluation version of Exchange Server 2007 software 

What version is the software that came with the book?

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:35 AM
  • the version of the book is the x64, problem is 2003 server r2 x64 is no longer available, so i started using 2008server but noticed some differences and i want to follow the book by the rule.

So far i been using the 32bit version of exchange 2007 and 2003 server, everything seems to be working just like expected and according to the book.

I still don't understand why the book makes it clear every chapter that you MUST have 2003 server x64 . I'll post feedback as the study goes on

Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:26 AM