Windows Home Server Theme? RRS feed

• Question

• What are the available themes available with WHS?

I am not really concerned about the graphical interface but I when I search for images on Google or see images of Windows Home Server on Wiki, I notice that it has a Vista like theme.

And I only have a choice of Classic theme

Can anyone help me install the original theme for Windows Home Server.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 12:41 PM

Answers

• As far as I know there are no themes in WHS. You may be misunderstanding the posts. From my eval, there is a mix in the look and feel to the product. For instance, the install starts up similar to Windows Vista, then transitions into a Windows Server like look and feel and then the desktop is much like Windows 2000 (or classic in XP).

Now the WHS client has a look of its own but if I had to identify it with another windows product, I would say it is most similar to Windows Vista.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 2:03 PM
  • There are two "look and feel" areas for WHS. The WHS Console is the application you will normally use to manage WHS. That has a very "vista-like" L&F. The desktop, which you reach through Remote Desktop, is pure Windows Server 2003, and there's no real "theming" available at that point, beyond changing colors and fonts.
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:41 PM

All replies

• As far as I know there are no themes in WHS. You may be misunderstanding the posts. From my eval, there is a mix in the look and feel to the product. For instance, the install starts up similar to Windows Vista, then transitions into a Windows Server like look and feel and then the desktop is much like Windows 2000 (or classic in XP).

Now the WHS client has a look of its own but if I had to identify it with another windows product, I would say it is most similar to Windows Vista.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 2:03 PM
  • Have you installed the CTP release? It's updated the look & feel compared to beta2 release.

Gordon

Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:30 PM
  • There are two "look and feel" areas for WHS. The WHS Console is the application you will normally use to manage WHS. That has a very "vista-like" L&F. The desktop, which you reach through Remote Desktop, is pure Windows Server 2003, and there's no real "theming" available at that point, beyond changing colors and fonts.
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:41 PM