WHS locked me out didn't get 120 day trial RRS feed

• Question

• why is it not possible to get the 120 day trial as advertised?
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:34 AM

Answers

• From the page you downloaded from:

5. You may now use the Evaluation Edition for 30 days. To use the Evaluation Edition for the full 120-day period, you need to register at the Windows Home Server Connect site and acquire a product key for the Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition software. 
    Uninstall notice: The Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition expires 120 days after installation, if activated. Please refer to the product documentation before installing the fully licensed version of Windows Home Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by mwvik Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:06 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:37 PM

All replies

• Did you enter the license key and activate the server software within 30 days after installation? If not that could well be the reason for your problem.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 12:01 PM
  • From the page you downloaded from:

5. You may now use the Evaluation Edition for 30 days. To use the Evaluation Edition for the full 120-day period, you need to register at the Windows Home Server Connect site and acquire a product key for the Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition software. 
    Uninstall notice: The Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition expires 120 days after installation, if activated. Please refer to the product documentation before installing the fully licensed version of Windows Home Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by mwvik Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:06 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:37 PM