none
Storage Spaces - How to check data Integrity in mirror mode?

Question

• Hello, so I read around that when you set any type of RAID 1 or 5 with your drives, sometimes data could become corrupted (data in mirrored drive's doesent match) and its not visible until its too late (read hole or something), and hardware raid controllers can run a data integrity check to prevent such situation.

So my question is how do you do that with Windows Storage Spaces? I run two pairs of HDDs running in mirrored mode but i cant find any option where i could check if data is not corrupted in one of them.

Please help and thanks in advance.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:30 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hello,

Depending on your operating system, I'd ask in one of the following:

The Windows 10 IT Pro forums,

The Windows 7 IT Pro forums,

The Windows 8.1 IT Pro forums, or

The Windows Server forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:29 PM