ox80040154 what to do RRS feed

• Question

• well i put fix it center on my computer and when i try to run the stuff they ask i get and error 0x80040154 and then it come up with a computer to delete or manage and it says there is no history so i please need help dont no what to thank you for your time
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:04 PM

All replies

• the same thing happened to me, all the message says is it is an "elevated" problem and the automated fixit center is no help, all it does it list a different error which does not apply and it seems 134 others are having similar problems
    Monday, August 1, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Dear Customer,
      Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).  I'm sorry to hear that. To help us further troubleshoot the problem, I'd need more information from you to better understand your case.
    Could you please provide me your Fix it install or update event log informations?
                1. Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Open Event Viewer
                2. Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Applications
        After you select this section and please note to source content, if you find any error/warning about "fix it center/matsvc" please provide to us.  Looking forwarding to your reply. Thanks. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:49 AM
  •                       I get this from the Event Viewer: "The MATS service encountered a failure when getting HTTP proxy settings. hr=0x80072F94

Keyword:GetUrlProxyInfo"

Tx

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:14 PM