Data Analysis on Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

I have configured and setup the Cube Building and Analysis services as per Technet. The security is in place as per the setup.

Analysis Server runs on the same SQL 2008R2 server as where the rest of the project and SharePoint Databases are hosted. I have also installed the "SQLServer2008_ASAMO10"  Component mentioned on the Application server. It is a 2 Server Layout. SQL and WFE on separate VM's

The problem is the cube building Fails. I point it to the correct server DBSPRJPR01 and verfied that Analysis Services is running but it keeps on failing with a "Cannot connect" as per the event below. From the ULS logs i have become none the wizer and could supply the logs if needed.

Could you please help me with this

Standard Information:PSI Entry Point:

Project User: UP\epmfarmadmin

Correlation Id: b8e15282-5347-466f-8ed3-b8f7f1e8ba94

PWA Site URL: http://appprjpr01/ProjectServer

SSP Name: ProjectServer

PSError: CBSASConnectionFailure (17003)

Cube build failed to connect to the Analysis Services server. Verify the data source connection is valid. Error: Setting UID=9f91c5ab-0f5d-4b36-9039-a8932c198c4d ASServerName=137.215.6.80 ASDBName=PWAOlap ASExtraNetAddress= RangeChoice=1 PastNum=10 PastUnit=0 NextNum=10 NextUnit=0 FromDate=12/08/2010 00:00:00 ToDate=12/08/2010 00:00:00 HighPriority=True

regards,

Andre

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:00 PM

Answers

• Andre:

The most common cause of this error is that the service account that runs the OLAP services, must also have dbdatareader role on the reporting database, and it must have read rights. Can you verify that this account is configured correctly. Make sure that the permissions are explicity. Unlike prior versions of SQL, even administrator and domain admin accounts need explicit permissions when used as service accounts.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:09 PM

All replies