OCS Exchange Unified Messaging Routing RRS feed

• Question

•   29.03.2007 09:22:47 OCS Exchange Unified Messaging Routing 1040 44028
      Exchange Unified Messaging Routing Application did not find any Exchange UM servers.

Cause: No Exchange UM servers are configured for SIP traffic or the RTCSRV service account does not have permission to read Exchange objects in Active Directory.
    Resolution:
    Configure one or more Exchange UM servers to handle SIP traffic.

I know this is not the Exchange Forum - but still this has to do with OCS - how do i get this to work? Is there a HowTo somewehre?

Thanks!

Christian

Monday, April 2, 2007 1:31 PM

Answers

• Due to the lack of response, this post has been locked and marked as closed. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 10:25 PM

All replies

• Do you have UM setup and running on the Exchange server? In the documentation (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0A3E2593-5812-4BF5-A554-3215CBBA587A&displaylang=en) there is a VoIP guide which walks you thorugh the UM/OCS integration steps. However, Exchange sp1 is a required component of those steps and sp1 is still in beta and I do not believe it is publically available (I may be wrong about that).
    Monday, April 2, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Great... really brilliant one from MS... how the hell are you supposed to incorporate Exchange funktions with the OCS then?!?

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 2:38 PM
  • Exchange SP1 is not publicly available yet. FYI

OCS and UM can work together, it is only supported with SP1 though. As asked earlier, do you have UM up and running? Have you ran OCSUMUTIL.EXE and EXCHUTIL.PS1 to integrate them? Following the VOIP guide will work. I have done it several times in labs.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you figure out a solution? Would you share it with the forum? If not, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Due to the lack of response, this post has been locked and marked as closed. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 10:25 PM