none
where it is... RRS feed

• Question

• after the free wikipedia , the old and best how stuff work gone.... that is no one using that one...
    what the site have to chance
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:14 AM

All replies

• yaa u were right that howstuffworks.com is loosing fame.But i think they should improve their articles like
        -->posting flash/video tutorials of explanation not only plain text as liike now.
      --> even going with applets for tutorials can help.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:27 AM
  • i dont think, how stuff works have lost its fame, because, both the websites, howstuffworks.com and wikipedia.com, are different from their point of view, howstuffworks.com copncentrates on how actually a particular stuff works? that means that a working thing has to be there, is like an encyclopedia, it does not include each and every topic's information,  whereas wikipedia, is a encyclopedia, it contains information about everything, including words, keywords and every small info, whereas howstuffworks doesnt.

to put it simply,

howstuffworks.com - deals with how everything works

wikipedia.org - encyclopedia

i.e

for e,g

in howstuffworks.com - if you query "How the Tweel Airless Tire Works " then it will explain you its working principle and the method involved, whereas it will not give in-detail explaination about "tweel", "airless tiers" etc...

whereas

wikipedia.org - will give you DETAILS about, tweel,airless tires, how, the, works, each and every word..

So both have a different point of view and both serve different purposes

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:22 AM