70-573 cert exam advice RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Good Day,

I am interested in direct training from Microsoft for certification exam 70-573.
    When I look at the options I find there is classroom,online(self paced training)and other options at this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam.aspx#tab2

However when I look at self paced training the details are not given.
    When I look at self paced training kit the details are  given.

In this respect I have following questions:

1) What are the components of self paced training(e learning voucher)?
    2) Which is more exhaustive in terms of practice questions,case studies,virtual labs etc?
    3) does self paced training contain learning roadmap as training kit?
    4)  costs of each of them i.e  self paced training(e-learning voucher) & self paced training kit ?
    5) Whom to contact for each of these, for the purpose of  buying?
    6) Overall which is better in terms of coverage,passing of exam 70-573?
    7) The training kit also offers a 15% discount on exam voucher.Is this the single exam voucher or second shot voucher? I am interested in second shot voucher.
    8) I need to pass cert exam in about 4- 5 days with certainty.Which learning option other than classroom is most suitable for this?

9) there are some non-ms materials also available called dumps in sites like testking.com,actualtests.com, ipass4sures.com.Whether these are reliable.If yes which is reliable so that I can buy?

Please reply asap.

Awaiting your reply.

Today's knowledge is too little for tomorrow's job

Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:38 AM

Answers

• You will not gain the skills required in 4-5 days to pass this exam.  From http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-573

The candidate should also have the following experience:
    • 12 months with ASP.NET 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008 (or later)
    •  6 months develop with SharePoint 2007 or later
    •  3 months with SP 2010 and VS2010 (includes beta releases)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by sunny74 Monday, October 8, 2012 8:28 PM
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:29 PM
  • Where did I say you weren't allowed to sit the exam?

Answer to your questions below.

1) The e-Learning links show what is covered in each course (such as study, questions, video's).  Courses can be purchased directly online using a credit card.
    2) Depends on the person.  I use virtual labs and study using Skills Measured and MSDN.  Others use questions. Others use case studies. Others just read books
    3) There is no MS Press Kit for this exam so not sure what you're referring too.
    4) Costs vary from country to country
    5) eLearning: Purchase online via https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/collection.aspx?guid=BE9D2C70-3205-4AE7-B43D-1A6985B2702D. Testing Software: MeasureUp. Books: Purchase from book stores in your local area or online.
    6) Experience and training (both self-paced and class)
    7) Single voucher. No second shot vouchers exist.
    8) No options will guarantee that you will pass any exam.  Use the testing software (such as this from MeasureUp http://www.measureup.com/Search.aspx?k=70-573) to determine what skills you are lacking.  Then use the links provided in the MeasureUp exam to study content on MSDN.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:17 AM

All replies

• Responding to a couple of your points:

8) I need to pass cert exam in about 4- 5 days with certainty.Which learning option other than classroom is most suitable for this?

If you intend to pass the exam in 4-5 days, it's reasonable to presume that you are already quite proficient about the subject matter. In this case, I would suggest that you simply read over the list os skills measured by the exam:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-573&locale=en-us#tab2

Check up all the points one by one, and mark those where you have some doubts about the completeness of your knowledge. Then look them up in the product manuals and read about whatever topics you are in need of reviewing. 

9) there are some non-ms materials also available called dumps in sites like testking.com,actualtests.com, ipass4sures.com.Whether these are reliable.If yes which is reliable so that I can buy?

Any site that advertises their service as "dumps" is to be avoided. Basically, a dump refers to a list of exam questions that were leaked by someone who already took the exam. This is forbidden by the NDA that you accept before taking the exam, and it is actively fought by Microsoft. These "pirate" sites are not to be confused with the legitimate ones, such as MeasureUp or Self Test Software, which provide "sample" questions that were written by them, and are not actual questions stolen from the real exams.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Responding to a couple of your points:

If you intend to pass the exam in 4-5 days, it's reasonable to presume that you are already quite proficient about the subject matter. In this case, I would suggest that you simply read over the list os skills measured by the exam:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-573&locale=en-us#tab2

Check up all the points one by one, and mark those where you have some doubts about the completeness of your knowledge. Then look them up in the product manuals and read about whatever topics you are in need of reviewing. 

Any site that advertises their service as "dumps" is to be avoided. Basically, a dump refers to a list of exam questions that were leaked by someone who already took the exam. This is forbidden by the NDA that you accept before taking the exam, and it is actively fought by Microsoft. These "pirate" sites are not to be confused with the legitimate ones, such as MeasureUp or Self Test Software, which provide "sample" questions that were written by them, and are not actual questions stolen from the real exams.

Thanks for your reply.

"If you intend to pass the exam in 4-5 days, it's reasonable to presume that you are already quite proficient about the subject matter."

I have not done much programming for SharePoint but still I need to get the stuff within 4-5 days and appear for the exam with the aim of passing it.

Therefore I need to get answer for questions 1 to 7.

'Any site that advertises their service as "dumps" is to be avoided'.

Point accepted.In fact I was thinking on similar lines but was not sure how these sites were doing business in violation of MS guidelines.

Request you to provide information for my other questions.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:41 PM
  • You will not gain the skills required in 4-5 days to pass this exam.  From http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-573

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:29 PM

Jeff Wharton

Hi Mr Wharty,

If you look at my profile you will find that a guy of more than 5 yrs experience in ASP.NET will fulfill these basic conditions.

Moreover there is nothing in the Microsoft site which suggests that a guy who does not fulfill these conditions is NOT ALLOWED to appear for the exams.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-573&locale=en-us

It is only an indication of the experiences required to complete the certification easily.

There have been instances where even high school guys with no prior experiences have passed various certifications exams.

Therefore I feel it is a wastage of time to debate on this.It would have been better if I got answers to my questions.

Thanks for your reply.

Monday, October 8, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Where did I say you weren't allowed to sit the exam?

Answer to your questions below.

1) The e-Learning links show what is covered in each course (such as study, questions, video's).  Courses can be purchased directly online using a credit card.
    2) Depends on the person.  I use virtual labs and study using Skills Measured and MSDN.  Others use questions. Others use case studies. Others just read books
    3) There is no MS Press Kit for this exam so not sure what you're referring too.
    4) Costs vary from country to country
    5) eLearning: Purchase online via https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/collection.aspx?guid=BE9D2C70-3205-4AE7-B43D-1A6985B2702D. Testing Software: MeasureUp. Books: Purchase from book stores in your local area or online.
    6) Experience and training (both self-paced and class)
    7) Single voucher. No second shot vouchers exist.
    8) No options will guarantee that you will pass any exam.  Use the testing software (such as this from MeasureUp http://www.measureup.com/Search.aspx?k=70-573) to determine what skills you are lacking.  Then use the links provided in the MeasureUp exam to study content on MSDN.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Hi Mr Wharty,

You have been very helpful.

Thanks very much.

Monday, October 8, 2012 8:27 PM