Not Genuine Message RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my laptop with Windows Vista in June 2008. All was fine until 3 weeks ago when I started getting the "Not Genuine" message. I went to OfficeMax and they told me that the laptop was only sold with a "Trial Version". I did not realize that. Why did it work right for all this time? I then went online and bought Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 (Windows XP/Vista). I am still getting the message when using Outlook Express. What is going on, please? I use Outlook Express a lot and it is now not working correctly. The PowerPoint I got is really different also. I cannot view the presentation like I could before.
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:31 PM Office issue moved to Office forum (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hello CathyWren,

The reason it worked was because it was still in it's Trial Period.  Once office reached the end of it's trial period, it then converted to Non-Genuine.

Office Ultimate 2007 Contains
    Access 2007
    Accounting Express 2007
    Excel 2007
    Groove 2007
    OneNote
    Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    PowerPoint 2007
    Publisher 2007
    Word 2007

Outlook Express is a 'lite' version of Outlook. Oultlook 2007 came with the Office Ultimate 2007.  Outlook Express came free with Vista by default.  Outlook Express should not be coming up as Non-Genuine since it's a free program.

Please go to http://microsoft.com/genuine and click the Validate Office button. If anything is found non-Genuine, it will tell you why.

Thank you,
    Darin MS 
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:23 PM