Receiving urgent action status RRS feed

• Question

• My company has disallowed automatic windows updates for domain computers. These updates are pushed from corporate servers after testing. This has left OneCare in a permanent state of "Urgent Action Required" requiring me to check my OneCare status at least daily. My definitions aren't part of windows update and are up to date but the urgent status is requiring too much maintenance. Is there a solution to this?
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:01 PM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Tune-up folder, since the setting requirement for AU is part of Tune-up in OneCare.

Unfortunately, you cannot change this in OneCare. As long as AU is off, OneCare will report you at risk. OneCare isn't really designed for domain joined PCs.

You're correct that OneCare does not use Windows Update to update itself, so your problem is specific to AU settings for Windows Updates.

I'm afraid that there is no solution for you.

-steve

Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:42 PM

All replies

• I've moved your post to the Tune-up folder, since the setting requirement for AU is part of Tune-up in OneCare.

Unfortunately, you cannot change this in OneCare. As long as AU is off, OneCare will report you at risk. OneCare isn't really designed for domain joined PCs.

You're correct that OneCare does not use Windows Update to update itself, so your problem is specific to AU settings for Windows Updates.

I'm afraid that there is no solution for you.

-steve

Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:42 PM
  • Thanks Steve!
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:31 PM