ICE 64-bit takes forever to render? RRS feed

• Question

• May I ask how long does it takes for the new ICE to render to disk for a normal panorama?

Thanks

Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:25 AM

All replies

• Normally it takes less than forever.

How long is it taking for you? What size image are you saving? What file format?

Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

I shot all the images using Pentax 645Z 50MP in DNG and had it converted into TIFF 8-bit with 146MB per file. Each file maintains at 50MP and has a total of 794 images. The panorama size is around 10gigapixels. Last time I render it stays at 1% for weeks. So I cropped the image in 32 sections so each is about 332MP. Now its been a week and still at 10%. I render it to Adobe PSB file.

Thanks

Monday, April 6, 2015 1:53 AM
  • Sir,

Found the culprit, it seems that the Adobe PSB file format is the problem. Since I venture into gigapixels panorama I always render in PSB file. When I try with PNG or TIFF or JPEG now can render faster, but need to render in small portions and combine it again. Thank you for the crop feature. 

The PSB file is still a problem which ridiculously takes a very long time to render. Even it feels like it is not moving at all.

Thank you. Hope that Microsoft can solve this issue. Everything else works awesome. 

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:44 AM