SharePoint 2007 issues with excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a SharePoint 2007 server, and the client machines are Windows7 x64 most have office 2007 installed but some have office 2010.  We use SharePoint for departmental files, the problem we are having is that when someone tries to open an excel file from a shared library they aren't able to edit it. Basically when they are at the main page and they try to open a document under the 'shared documents' web part, they get a popup that asks if you would like to open document in 'Read only' or 'Edit'.  No matter what option you click it opens in read only mode.  When we try to edit the document and save it we get a few different errors.

First we get an error that simply states Upload Failed, this is happening on machines that have the upload center installed.

Second we get an error that states 'A problem occurred while connecting to the server.  If the problem continues, contact your administrator'

The only thing we can do is save a local copy than upload it to the site and overwrite the file.

I have tried to create new files with the same issue.  The settings/permissions are set to be contributor, also, all the stated above happens when logged into the portal as SP Admin.

I'm not a SharePoint guy, so I might be missing some information here and I apologize for that.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:35 PM