transfer crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum

I have crm 2011 on premise configureed in a desktop coputer(I mean in a case) and now I want to have the same crm configurations and data  in my laptop which crm 2011 on premise is installed.what can I do to do this work in little time?

Thanks in advanced.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:52 PM

Answers

• and now I think I can not install crm2011 on 32bit win server and can not transfer 64 bit crm2011 to 32bit .By the way how to transfer crm  from a physical machine to virtual machine?maybe I'm wrong about all that,guid me please,I appreciate your help.

1. You would not be able to Install CRM 2011 on 32 bit PC because 32 bit is not supported.

2. The best way of redeployment is:

- install and configure CRM on target server

- backup organization DB at source DB server

- restore organization DB at target server

- run Deployment manager and import organization

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:41 AM
  • you need to do first ,

put db in offline/ detach. You just select database take backup by right click and point to Tasks, and then click Back Up. The Back Up Database dialog box appears.

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Edited by san Sanz Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by streaming aim Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi I prefer,

Convert Physical Machines to Virtual Machines then transfer to your lap.

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:55 PM
  • thanks San Sanz for your reply

I have a  big problem.my laptop is hp6735s,and when I tried to install a winServer2008 64 bit on VMware for installing crm 2011 I understand that 64 bit for virtual machines in these types of laptops is not enabled and I triedto enter bios and enable it,I did not know the password of the bios ,search the net to discover how to remove it:as it said I enter the bios,when wanted me the password,I remove power then remove battery but it did not remove. and now I think I can not install crm2011 on 32bit win server and can not transfer 64 bit crm2011 to 32bit .By the way how to transfer crm  from a physical machine to virtual machine?maybe I'm wrong about all that,guid me please,I appreciate your help.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:43 AM
  • hi,

if you have Vwmare you can use this

http://www.vmware.com/products/converter/

to use  this you need Vw Ware(not free) or Virtual Box

check this one how to convert.

http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/2010/11/12/convert-a-physical-pc-into-a-virtualbox-virtual-machine/

• Edited by san Sanz Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:11 AM
  • and now I think I can not install crm2011 on 32bit win server and can not transfer 64 bit crm2011 to 32bit .By the way how to transfer crm  from a physical machine to virtual machine?maybe I'm wrong about all that,guid me please,I appreciate your help.

1. You would not be able to Install CRM 2011 on 32 bit PC because 32 bit is not supported.

2. The best way of redeployment is:

- install and configure CRM on target server

- backup organization DB at source DB server

- restore organization DB at target server

- run Deployment manager and import organization

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Thanks a lot  Hoskinator for your reply,I'll read the link as soon as possible, and ...
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Thanks in advanced Andriy,you answered my doubt,I'll do what you've told  and report the result or maybe need to ask more quetions about how?
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Thanks really a lot San Sanz for concerning and replying,I'll report the result.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:55 AM
  • Andriy I did and : restore failed ,"Error Microsoft.sqlServer.SmoExtended,Exclusive accecc could not be obtained because the database is in use." ,So what sould I do next?

and how to run Deployment manager and import organization?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:26 AM
  • you need to do first ,

put db in offline/ detach. You just select database take backup by right click and point to Tasks, and then click Back Up. The Back Up Database dialog box appears.

• Edited by san Sanz Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by streaming aim Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:06 AM
  • Thanks San sanz,I select Offline for db and it is in progress ,it has taken a long time,is it right?
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:35 AM
  • The Offline and Detach failed .

Actually Offline completed with Error,It's message :"Alter database faied because a lock could not be placed on database.

Dettach filed:It's Message:it is currently in use

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:02 AM
  • hi try this one,

You just select database take backup by right click and point to Tasks, and then click Back Up. The Back Up Database dialog box appears.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:09 AM
  • San sanz,this one also did not work,
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:26 AM
  • any other idea?
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:16 AM