New update looks awesome !!! 

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar.

Vinay Kumar.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 5:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Yes it is awesome, i see it now as well.

thanks MS.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:53 AM
  • I like it as well, but I think the gray border should be removed.

The percentage is interesting.

EDIT: The percentage seems to be a work in progress. I'm either in the top 0.1% or the top 0.5%, depending on when I look at it.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:41 PM
  • My guess is that the percentage is how our points compare to all other users. 2000 points is about 5%, I think this means 5% of all users have 2000 or more points. There must be a lot of users with less than 100 points.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:14 PM
  • My guess is that the percentage is how our points compare to all other users. 2000 points is about 5%, I think this means 5% of all users have 2000 or more points. There must be a lot of users with less than 100 points.

The first time I looked someone with 20 points was in the top 40% already.

As an example, Vinay (90 points) is already in the top 15%.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Hi Richard,

mine shows 0,1%... So there must be a lot of users with more then 120k.  ;-)

Would be great for an official explanation how these percentage are calculated. At least in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#Do_Achievements_have_any_effect_on_my_Recognition_Points I found nothing until now.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Ed Price also shows 0.1%, and he has well over 300,000 points. That must be the highest % possible.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:26 PM
  • I like the idea, but I wish I would be able to see some growth rather than already starting at the top.

I honestly didn't think that having ~42,000 points would qualify for the top 0.1%. I haven't been around here for that long, so I figured there had to be plenty of others with high point totals that I just don't see in the few forums I frequent.

If I'm actually in the top 0.1%, I'd love to see a list of the top 100 or 1000 users...

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:42 PM
  • @Meinolf, I have passed this along to other members of my team. We'll post something soon.

Forums Program Manager

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:05 AM
  • Hi all,

I'm one of the Program Managers that worked on this feature. What we do to calculate your percentile is that we bucketize users in the following buckets - 0.1%, 0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 30%, 40%, and 50% based on the histogram of points that MSDN users have.

All of you are top-contributors on the MSDN network!

Cheers,

Yi-Wei Ang

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:10 AM
  • Hello Yi-Wei Ang,

thank you very much for the update here. Maybe you could add an article or description on top of this page. I think that lot of people don't understand your counting.

Or at least to add some explanation into the already existing http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#Do_Achievements_have_any_effect_on_my_Recognition_Points

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

Friday, September 5, 2014 7:47 AM
  • NM   
    Friday, September 5, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Friday, September 5, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Hello There,

So new update to the forum is looks good.....

I hope MS forum will look forward from users to know any other suggestion. However, I have idea or suggestion for Forum. 

Saving the perfect resolution forums links with in User profile ( Like i have seen a perfect resolution and i don't want to lose it, so what i do is i will Pin that forum in my Profile so that when ever i need it just open the resolution forum with in my profile easily.) 

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar.

Vinay Kumar.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Hello There,

So new update to the forum is looks good.....

I hope MS forum will look forward from users to know any other suggestion. However, I have idea or suggestion for Forum. 

Saving the perfect resolution forums links with in User profile ( Like i have seen a perfect resolution and i don't want to lose it, so what i do is i will Pin that forum in my Profile so that when ever i need it just open the resolution forum with in my profile easily.)

Maybe I have misunderstood your question, but isn't this what My Forums is for?

Another (better IMHO) method is to save URL's for your favorite forum(s) as browser favorites/bokmarks. You can save URL's for views of multiple forums also.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:26 AM