Can't Uninstall Old WHS Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I have a newly-upgraded Toshiba Notebook PC (Vista to Windows 7).  The upgrade went fine other than the WHS Connector stopped working.  I really didn't worry about it too much since that notebook is one of my older ones and is used mostly to surf.  This weekend I installed WHS 2011 on a new Fujitsu Server.  All is well but when I attempted to install the new 2011 Connector, I get a warning message to remove the old connector first.

Okay, I look in Control Panel / Uninstall but Connector is not listed.  I manually search using regedit and locate and remove all references to "Windows Home Server" then run two different registry cleaners to catch any left over references then reboot the notebook.  I try to install again...same problem.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  Thanks.

Monday, January 9, 2012 3:24 AM

All replies

• Did you remove the folder Program Files\Windows Home Server?

Also there exists an Windows Installer Cleanup tool, which was formerly downloadable at mircosoft.com, but is no longer due to some unwanted side effects on some machines. Maybe you can find it somewhere else. If there is still Windows Installer information for the old WHS connector in the machine it will help to remove it.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:33 AM