2007: Inactivating users via AD Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I sync our Project Server groups with a handful of AD groups, but I'm unclear how or if an account can be made "inactive" via the AD sync.  If I remove the user from all AD groups and resync, their account is still "active".  Is it a manual step I have to take?  Is it related to the resource pool sync (which we don't do)?
    Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:31 PM

Answers

• Looks like my suspicion was correct, you need to enable syncronization of the Resource Pool as well to have resources be inactivated (at least according to the dox).  Syncing security groups only will CREATE new users if they don't exist, but won't ever inactivate them.  I need to have a new AD group setup for the pool and then I'll give this a shot.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc531329(office.12).aspx

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hello Terrie,

As far as I know, making resource\user inactive in PWA is a manual process. Using AD sync inactive users can be set to active.

Thanks,

Hrishi Deshpande

DeltaBahn LLC

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:50 PM
  • When an account is deleted or made inactive in the AD, then it gets update in PWA.  However, there is a flag in the user profile that can turns off AD sync.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Looks like my suspicion was correct, you need to enable syncronization of the Resource Pool as well to have resources be inactivated (at least according to the dox).  Syncing security groups only will CREATE new users if they don't exist, but won't ever inactivate them.  I need to have a new AD group setup for the pool and then I'll give this a shot.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc531329(office.12).aspx

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:23 PM