none
Adding a "Setting" causes Settings.Designer.VB to change multiple lines of code (incorrectly). RRS feed

• Question

• Brief background.  Some 2 years ago I updated my code to target FW4 (from FW2).  Because a couple of assemblies are also exposed as COM objects (for a few customers) I renamed those 2 assemblies: ...Interfaces to ...Interfaces2.  Everything has been working after that change.  For the first time in 2 years I needed to add a new setting to the list.  As soon as I do, every line in the Settings.Designer.VB is changed back from ...Interfaces2 to ...Interfaces which of course causes a lot of errors.

I tried to manually fix all the errors but when I then try to use the new setting I get a "module conflict".

Anybody have any idea as to what the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance. 

Terry

• Moved by Stanly Fan Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:15 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Terry,

What the type of your project is? Is it a winform application?

I'm afraid you need to provide more details and some related code for your issue instead of just "module conflict".

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:07 AM