none
New submit form RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting a mix of old-style sliding panel and a new "step-by-step" submit page.  I assume the latter is the one that's supposed to always show.  Painful problem with it: there's no way to be able to review the post that you're answering to.  That's *very* important.  I reckon everybody is going to start to use Quote now, ugh. 

Please consider the way it was done in the 2.x version, the post you answer to was shown at the top of the submit page.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, February 27, 2009 11:20 AM

Answers

• The mix should be that new threads are submitted via the new step by step page based form. Replies are still the sliding div. We are in the process of rethinking reply to preserve more of the context to which the reply is happening. It will be changing for the better. If you can find some cases where a new thread is bringing up the step by step it will be great to get some steps to repro this so we can address it. 
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by nobugz Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:25 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 4:36 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The mix should be that new threads are submitted via the new step by step page based form. Replies are still the sliding div. We are in the process of rethinking reply to preserve more of the context to which the reply is happening. It will be changing for the better. If you can find some cases where a new thread is bringing up the step by step it will be great to get some steps to repro this so we can address it. 
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by nobugz Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:25 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 4:36 PM
    Answerer
  • That was confuzzling.  I think I get it now: new threads = step by step, response to thread = sliding panel.  No problem with that.

Thanks.

Hans Passant.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:25 AM