Where is the "Aternate Validation" URL? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download some programs, but need validation.

Because I am running Win98, the normal process fails.

However, a week ago, I was on a page that at the bottom listed alternate method.

I went there. Ran it. It came up with a number and I was good.

The problem is I can't find the site.

Does anyone know where it might be?

There is one page that runs through a list of programs, shows them being checked off as good or bad, then if good, gives a validate button. This is not the page I'm looking for. When I run it, it shows all good, but goes to the next page and immediately jumps to the page about running an unsupported OS.

So, what I am trying to find is the other "Alternate method" where it takes a look, and comes back with a number.

Thanks, bob

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:04 PM

Answers

• Sunsllight,

Good Morning!  Please try the following link and address your question there http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=881&SiteID=1.  This forum is for Office Genuine Questions only. I did do some research and basically Windows 98 should not require validation. As far as your programs you are attempting to download not sure what the conflict may be. If they aren't Microsoft Programs maybe check with the website and address some questions there. Address your concerns @ URL above and maybe they can address the concerns which you have. Have a great day.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:42 PM