Account Balances Report RRS feed

• Question

• Using Money 2007 Plus.

When I run a Account Balance Report the accounts under Bank & Cash Accounts and Other Assets always show the current balance no matter what As of Date I use.  However the Investment Accounts will always show the balance in those accounts As of the date I select.

This was not the case for the past few years.  A few months ago I noticed this problem and have been unable to figure out how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:34 AM

All replies

• In the Account Balances report, setting the date works for me. You might try resetting the report, and changing the date again.

You could see if File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair helps.

If those don't do it for you, maybe a

File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1

would be called for. That will lose any customized reports, however.

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried both file repairs and still have the problem.

I am trying to figure out the difference between the Investment Accounts that are working and the Bank and Cash accounts that are not.

I update the Investment Accounts monthly and the Bank/Cash accounts whenever I deposit or withdraw funds.

As I stated before, if for example, I go back and Customize the Account Balance report to show the status of all the Account as of 02-01-2017, the Investment Accounts show the balance of that date but the Bank/Cash accounts show the current balance.  No matter what as of date I run the report the Bank/Cash accounts always show the current balance.

So frustrating.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:21 PM
  • When I try that, and set a date of 2/1/201 and double-click an account name in the report, transactions later than that date are not listed. Same for you?

Set the date back to today, OK. When you double-click one of the accounts, is there a difference in which transactions were shown?

I like the Windows Snipping Tool to record a section of a screen, such as an area of a report. Then I make my date changes, and display the two versions side-by-side.

You could try making a level 2 repaired version of your file with this 3-step sequence:

File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1

File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

Maybe you would get better results from installing Sunset and the patch. I know there were some fixes on Plus over Money 2007. Maybe that was another.  See the first 2 posts in this forum.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:48 PM
  • I tried your two suggestions and I still got the same results.  Bank/Cash accounts show correct transactions up to each of the As Of Dates but the total always shows the current total regardless of the As of Date.

Guess I will just have to live with it.

I don't check what my Net Worth was as of certain dates very often.  However, it just bugs me that something that used to work doesn't now.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:54 PM
  • I just check to make sure that all totals were changing.

You could still try Money Plus. Maybe install on a different computer if you are just experimenting.

One thing that is often useful to me is to right-click into a report, and then paste into a spreadsheet. I can then do any adding or whatever I like.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:09 AM
  • I decided to follow your suggestion and installed Money Plus Sunset on my laptop.  Every thing works great.  Just the way it should.   My Account Balance report shows correct totals for any date I select.

I will use it on the laptop for a few days and then download to the desktop.

Thanks for the help.

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:24 AM