WM 6.1 Mesh Sync Oddities RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've seen a few interesting things happen with my Mobile Mesh sync's I figured I would report and see if the team needs the logs, and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

I have just the Moble Pictures syncing FROM the PDA.  I moved my SD Cards picture folder into the device Pictures (so it would sync to computer, and I could make changes w/o having to remove the SD card).  As it was doing initial sync, I moved all the "loose" picture into a folder call Various. 

Mesh left the temporary anchors of those files on my computer.  It also, NEVER created the various folder, or any of those files.  I finally had to manually delete the anchors, cut the "Various" folder out of the mobile pictures folder, sync, put it back, sync again and it synced the folder.

The other folder I have synced TO the PDA is "Fall '08" which is of my school related files.  For no reason, during a PDA Mesh sync, it deleted two files.  They hadn't been deleted by me from either the computer or PDA.  I did notice that the PDA said "preparing to sync 1/2" for no reason.  I had not made any new files that morning as I hadn't been on the PDA or computer.  Thankfully I saw that when I returned to my computer and checked the News, and restored it from the recycle bin. 

Now tonight, it is (for no reason?) syncing anew all the mobile pictures in Mobile Pictures.  They were already present on both Live Desktop and on my computer.  My sync yesterday evening ended with nothing to sync... so why now (tonight) after all it has done was sit on the charging cradle today, has it decided to resync my pictures folder?  (For clarification, i'm not upset.  Rather be in sync that missing something).

Edit: Actually... i'm not sure which is doing it.  My PDA earielr said "Syncing x/183"... but my computer mesh notififer says it is uploading changes to my Mobile Pictures folder.  I haven't made any changes??

Edit2: 7:46PM EST - As noted eariler, my computer is uploading to mesh... the counter total keeps going up (aka like 63 of 67mb... then 65 of 70mb).  It went as far as 140MB eariler before I stopped the service, but whats odd is that the News doesn't show any changes to any files :-/ And the sum of all my folders isn't even 140mb!
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:47 PM

All replies

• Whatever it was, i'm still not sure if the Mobile upload caused some conflict that caused the desktop to continuiousally try to upload a file.  When it began upload, it was exactly 3.37MB... once it got to 2.9, the second number went up... and up... and up... all the way to the 200's.  I stopped sync on Mobile Pictures (to desktop), problem went away.  Added it back, problem returned.

I finally ALL the sub folders and the problem stopped.  But I can't figure out what is within the sub folders to be causing it, and there isn't a file anywhere near 3.37MB, so it's not one file. Might try adding one at a time back from a copied (non-shared) folder and see if one in particular causes it.

------
    Still would like to know why Mobile Mesh randomly finds a changed file or deletes one.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:23 AM
  • Hi,

If you wouldn't mind, please go ahead and file a bug on this for us, and attach logs from your computer and mobile device.  Instructions for collecting Live Mesh for Mobile logs are in an Announcement at the top of this forum, and instructions for filiing a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the Live Mesh forum.

Thank you for the detailed reports of the issues you're seeing.  Hopefully we'll be able to determine the cause(s) quickly.

Ben.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Ben, Do I need to put the files back into my Mobile Pictures (on the desktop) and get it into that "uploading loop" (as i'm calling it) and take the logs from there?  Right now I cut out all of the subfolders to get it to stop, but being two days ago i'm not sure if the logs would show it.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:23 AM
  • Ben, I emailed them in.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 1:04 AM