i need to know what i can do if any thing? with windows live one care,PLEASE! RRS feed

• Question

•  

to anyone that will help me,

on the window live one care it says i need to back up files,so i tried and found i needed a cd to do so.

is there any other place i can put them and if  so how?

thanks so much,

scmama_1@yahoo.com
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:46 PM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Backup topic folder.

You can backup to a recordable CD or DVD, an external hard drive, some larger Flash drives, or a Network Share.

If none of those are available to you, you can disable backup until you obtain some blank CDs or DVDs (don't use the RW type, use R or write once media).

You can disable Onecare Backup by following these steps:

Method 1: You have not configured the Backup feature

If you have not configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

1. Start Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Under Quick links, click Change settings.
    3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Next.
    4. Click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

Method 2: You have previously configured the Backup feature

If you have previously configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

1. Start Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Under Quick links, click Change settings.
    3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Change settings.
    4. Click the computer where you want to turn off the Backup feature, click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

When you are ready to do a backup, go back to the Backup configuration and work through the wizard to select what to backup and to where.

-steve

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:16 AM