CRM 2016: Entity>Need to add multiple entries selected into a specific field(s) RRS feed

• Question

• Yes, I'm New to CRM so have a lot of learning.
    What i'm trying to accomplish is this..
    I have 2 New Entities "Locations" & "Subscriptions"

Entity "Locations"  table has:
       * Account Name   (required)
       * Location Name  (required)
       * Status
    Entity "Subscriptions" table has:(not listing all fields just couple)
       * Sub Name
       * Start/end dates
       * Subscription Locations.

Within The Subscription Record I need to Identity All the Locations that are part of this Subscriptions..

There could be between 1-20+ locations associated to a single subscription, so instead of creating 20 location fields(which may not be enough) i would like to be able to click on a field called "Locations" and then have it show me the Locations for that account and give me the ability to "Select" all the locations i want to add to this subscription at 1 time.
    Is that possible?
    Monday, March 13, 2017 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Robin,

What you need to do is create a N:N relationship between Locations and Subscriptions. Then add the Locations subgrid to the Subscription form. This way you can associate multiple locations to a subscription at one go.

Thank you.

Sachith Chandrasiri

• Marked as answer by RobinRK Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:01 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Robin,

What you need to do is create a N:N relationship between Locations and Subscriptions. Then add the Locations subgrid to the Subscription form. This way you can associate multiple locations to a subscription at one go.

Thank you.

Sachith Chandrasiri

• Marked as answer by RobinRK Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:01 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 11:04 PM
  • Thank you for you help, that did work I'm now able to select multiple locations at once....

Just one question - My Locations are by Account, so when I have the account name populated I was expecting to only see the Locations associated to that account to select from, how do I get that back?  Meaning need the ability to select multiple locations but only from the list of locations associated to that account.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:05 PM