none
Company Layout planner with zooming RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on a company layout planner, to visualize all pending and future projects. The screen shows a layout of our company work floor, and this floor is devided in fixed sized squars. These surfaces can be (multi-)selected, and one can assign it's purpose for a certain period in time (for instance: Selected area will be reserved for Project A, subject Storage elektrical, between august 17 and september 21st).

Our company building is too big to make this layout a fixed size. Therefor I would like to make it zoomable, so the grid selection is easier and more precise. The grid would be made out of labels, because we have some L-shaped halls. I read something about WPF being vector-based, but I'm not familiar with this type. Could anyone point me in the right direction, maybe with tips or maybe a tutorial for something like this.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings, Jan Willem

• Edited by JanWillem26 Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:49 AM
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:33 AM from windows form
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

You can use WPF to do some operation as you want, please refer to the following documents:

Display 3D Model using Window Presentation Foundation.

Add CAD capabilities to your .NET applications.

Tutorial 1: Displaying a 3D Model on the Screen.

And this forum is talking and discussing about Windows Forms, refer:

3D modeling application in C# (WinForms).

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Hi and thanks for your reply.

I will look into the information, however I don't think I need 3D functionality, because we mostly handle non-stackable pallets. I planned on making it a flat 2D top-down view of the work floor. I was thinking of making it like google maps, but the difficulty is to have clickable slots (squares) move and zoom along with the map. Rotating the map is not needed.

Does the provided information also cover enough to build something like this?

Thanks so much!

Friday, August 18, 2017 7:09 AM
  • Hi Jan,

WPF provides a wide range of 2D graphics which can be enhanced as per your application requirements. WPF supports both Drawing and Shape objects that are used for drawing graphical content.

WPF - 2D Graphics.

Learn WPF: Part 4 of 9: Graphics in Windows Presentation Foundation

For your purpose, I suggest you ask your questions at WPF Forum for dedicated information.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 18, 2017 8:03 AM