Not Blocked, doing all 5 suggested things, 4000 backlinks (quality) no black hat and no traffic from M?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear MSN,

The site is http://www.gemaffair.com and we are an internet jewelry retailer specializing in fine gold and silver gemstone / diamond jewelry.

I have been learning how to promote my own site for several years. I have talked with some of you at various conferences and always take the "high road" as this is a long term investment. I am gaining rank and traffic with other search engines yet not seeing any improvement in 2 year with MSN. MSN is at less than 1% of all SE traffic for us.

According to the tools, nothing is blocked an many, many pages have a page score of 5.

I have read the FAQ's and believe that I am in accordance with all of them including staying white hat and building quality back links.

Do you have suggestions on what I might be able to do in order to obtain more qualified traffic from MSN??

Michael

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi GEMaffair,

I've looked this over and can't find anything that is wrong. You have a decently high score, we have 4,000 pages indexed. I've compared some results between us and the others and although you do show up closer (page 3 for gold gemstone jewelry on G), I can't say that our results are wrong either. Are you targeting specific keywords? If so, what are they? Unfortunately, I believe this is mostly an algorithm issue. If there are spam sites listed before yours in the SERPs, I can report them. Otherwise, there isn't much I can do.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, February 20, 2009 8:20 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hello?

Is there anyone out there reading this forum?

Does anyone have any suggestions for us and why it seems (to us) everything is in order yet no traffic from MSN? We are open to trying whatever, but at this point, we are out of ideas!

Michael

Friday, January 23, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Hi GEMaffair,

I've looked this over and can't find anything that is wrong. You have a decently high score, we have 4,000 pages indexed. I've compared some results between us and the others and although you do show up closer (page 3 for gold gemstone jewelry on G), I can't say that our results are wrong either. Are you targeting specific keywords? If so, what are they? Unfortunately, I believe this is mostly an algorithm issue. If there are spam sites listed before yours in the SERPs, I can report them. Otherwise, there isn't much I can do.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, February 20, 2009 8:20 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:15 PM
  • I visited your website and got this survey page : http://s5088.4q-web1.4q.iperceptions.com/i.aspx?sdfc=947854b8-5088-d50dbfda-6cdc-497e-bffd-6218e881325e&lID=1&loc=4q-web1

Could be quite ugly for SEO as this looks like javascript redirect isn't it !

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:26 PM