Fujitsu Primergy mx130 s1 RRS feed

• Question

• Is the Fujitsu Primergy mx130 s1 compatible with Windows Home server,is there any way to install it if not.

Monday, February 13, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

• You'll find minimum system requirements here. While it's possible to use a configuration file during installation to override hardware checks, I wouldn't advise it for anything other than testing the software; the specs listed on that page really are pretty minimal and there's the chance for issues if, for instance, you force it to install on a system with less than the minimum memory specification. Also note that the 64 bit requirement is a hard one; this is an x64 only operating system.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:59 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• You'll find minimum system requirements here. While it's possible to use a configuration file during installation to override hardware checks, I wouldn't advise it for anything other than testing the software; the specs listed on that page really are pretty minimal and there's the chance for issues if, for instance, you force it to install on a system with less than the minimum memory specification. Also note that the 64 bit requirement is a hard one; this is an x64 only operating system.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:59 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:49 PM
  • I cannot speak directly about your specific unit, but I can say this:

I'm using a fujitsu tx100-s2. To install WHS, I had to disable RAID in the BIOS, and manually load the lan driver.

The serverview software is useless with WHS (except for the lan driver), and there are no compatible RAID drivers anywhere.

Once I figured out the RAID problem, the software installed flawlessly, and has been running well ever since.

Travis

• Edited by 7ravis Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:31 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:30 PM