Files sync from computer A to computer B, but not from computer B to computer A RRS feed

• Question

• I have live mesh installed on 2computers, (A) running XP and (B) running Vista.  When I add or update a file on computer A, it shows up on computer B and in the news feed on computer B, however when I add or update a file on computer B, it does not appear on computer A or in computer A's news feed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your post.  The behavior you are seeing could be caused by many things, including having the sync settings at 'Never sync with this device'. 

1. On Machine B, right-click a folder you are attempting to sync with Machine A, Live Mesh Options, Change Sync Settings.  For Machine A, ensure it is NOT on 'Never sync with this device'.
    2.  Also check that you are syncing with the Live Desktop, syncing through the cloud has better results than machine-to-machine sync.
    3. If neither of the above resolves the issue, then please generate Live Mesh Logs for machines A & B and submit them to https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?SiteID=425&ContentID=11404#Log_Creation_and_Bug_Submission_-_Basic
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:00 PM