Validating XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Well today i reformatted my pc and when i did, it asked the same old thing to activate and or validate it over the net.me not having a phone,i cannot call microsoft to do so,So i do it over the net.then when i tried to do so it said i have used up the # of times i can validate it,i should say has been exceeded,any one have any ideas on how to do this over the net or talk to someone from microsoft?my copy is legal and valid i just have reformated to many times, because loosers who make viruses or hackers who break into my system and mess things up Please help
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:39 AM

Answers

• Skipper,

At the moment your only option is a Telephonic Activation which requires a voice line.

Can you ask a buddy with a cell phone to help you out?

If no buddy, you could also try starting the Activation Wizard, choose Activate by phone, then write down the Activation Call center phone number and the 42 digit number that is presented to you (the "installation ID"), drive to a phone, call the Activation Call Center phone number, give them the 42 digit installation ID, then receive and write down the 42 digit confirmation number, then drive back home and input the confirmation number into the Activation Wizard.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:12 PM

All replies

• porfavor sip
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Skipper,

At the moment your only option is a Telephonic Activation which requires a voice line.

Can you ask a buddy with a cell phone to help you out?

If no buddy, you could also try starting the Activation Wizard, choose Activate by phone, then write down the Activation Call center phone number and the 42 digit number that is presented to you (the "installation ID"), drive to a phone, call the Activation Call Center phone number, give them the 42 digit installation ID, then receive and write down the 42 digit confirmation number, then drive back home and input the confirmation number into the Activation Wizard.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:12 PM