changing stle in middle of song (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• terry redfearn posted on 03-29-2011 2:42 PM

i am trying to find out if i start song smi9th i 1 of the styles i choose  can i change to a diiferent set of stlye in song i write to give the music a unique beat and stlye or am i stuck with 1 stlye type for the entire song also how do i save or convert songsmith to a playable music on cd for playing in a car stero sytem what format thanks  any help is appreciated thanks terry redfearn

Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• dmorris replied on 05-23-2011 1:58 PM

You can only have one style within a Songsmith song.  If you are working on more complex songs, we suggest that you save your Songsmith creations as MIDI files and edit them in a more sophisticated audio-editing program.  This will let you string together multiple "songs" that you make in Songsmith; for example one Songsmith "song" might be your verse, and another might be the chorus. 

To save a song to an audio file, click the little arrow next to the "save" button, and click "export".  This will let you save a .wav or .wma file, and Windows Media Player (or any other program you use to create CDs) will be able to recognize and burn these files.

Hope that helps!  Happy Songsmith'ing!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

• terry redfearn replied on 05-23-2011 2:46 PM

Dear Dan

what type of more sophisticated audio editing programs are out htere that let me do editing like you suggest thanks terry redfearn

• dmorris replied on 05-27-2011 12:12 PM

The Wikipedia page on "Digital Audio Workstations" has a great intro to what software like this does, along with a list of free and commercial packages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_workstation#Free_and_open_source_systems

If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive program that has most features of a professional audio editor, the folks at Cakewalk - whose introductory-level product is "Music Creator 5" - were very supportive when Songsmith was getting up and running, so they deserve a link :) :

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/MusicCreator/default.aspx

Hope that helps!

-Dan