Shares not accessable from Win7 Clients after Clients wake from Sleep RRS feed

• Question

• This is strange. I have three Windows 7 client computers (2 wireless laptops and one wired desktop) all are up to date. Each client is able to access the WHS shares by right clicking on the WHS "Green Box" in the system tray. HOWEVER after the cleints wake from an extended period of Hibernation/Sleep, the WHS shares are no longer accessable. I can still ping the WHS. I can use remote sdesktop to get to the WHS. However, the WHS console does not "connect". I woudl be inclined to think its a cleint but it happens on all three clients the same way. Any insights?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:53 PM

Answers

• Based on something I foudn in a simialr forum, I have shut off all Power Options on the wired desktop which seems to have resolved the problem - or at least diminished the frequency - the event viewer is clear where before I was getting some errors around the Power Options etc.  Regretfully, I'd like to keep my Power Plan settings on the Laptops becasue they are often used on Battery and thereforee its preferenctial to have the Power Plans well defined to reserve battery. I think this is a Windows 7 issue, not WHS or at minimum a WHS to Win7 issue.  By the way all driveres and firmware were updated before my post (above) - that was my first instinct.

Thanks for the feedback.  Would love to wee MSFT aknowledge this - based on the many variations of critical issues occuring after Sleep.Wake cycles - it is more prevalent than one might thing.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:24 PM

All replies

• What happens, if you disable the option The computer can disable this device to save power in the properties of the network card in device manager on the Power Management tab?
    Also, if possible, update the firmware of the router and the network card drivers on client and server.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 25, 2010 3:21 PM
  • Based on something I foudn in a simialr forum, I have shut off all Power Options on the wired desktop which seems to have resolved the problem - or at least diminished the frequency - the event viewer is clear where before I was getting some errors around the Power Options etc.  Regretfully, I'd like to keep my Power Plan settings on the Laptops becasue they are often used on Battery and thereforee its preferenctial to have the Power Plans well defined to reserve battery. I think this is a Windows 7 issue, not WHS or at minimum a WHS to Win7 issue.  By the way all driveres and firmware were updated before my post (above) - that was my first instinct.

Thanks for the feedback.  Would love to wee MSFT aknowledge this - based on the many variations of critical issues occuring after Sleep.Wake cycles - it is more prevalent than one might thing.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:24 PM