OneCare allows infection RRS feed

• Question

• First of all why dose microsoft make it so hard to submit feedback. You are directed to a page which then tells you to go elsewhere. Eventually you end up where you started! Hence I am on this forum. I have used Onecare since it first started.

What I find  amusing is that it allows trojans and other infections to enter my PC. Yes, all settings are set to good. I had a problem so I installed Ad-Aware. This found almost 300 bugs/adverts/trojans/hijackers. OneCare then tells me to uninstall Ad-Aware as it will interfere with it's operation. If OneCare is doing it's job, then how do these parasites get into and remain in my PC?

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:28 AM

Answers

• If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

My suspicion , however, is that AdAware reported cookies. OneCare does not remove or block cookies, that is the function of Privacy settings in the browser.

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 3:52 PM