none
Help Batch script or VBS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Im using windows server 2008, i have created a batch script using the below script

@echo off

XCOPY y:\*.* d:\Dropbox\my\Inbox\files_Today\ /s
    rd /s /q y:\
    exit

What happen was after file transfer complete the size between source and destination are not same. source 190MB destination 169MB. after check the files contain found its not complete taking the all as source.

Can help with these please. or my script is wrong?

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, March 12, 2018 9:19 PM Off-topic/unanswerable
    Monday, February 5, 2018 4:09 AM

All replies

• This is not a scripting issue.  The target provider may not be working or the size reported my be computed differently.  Check with "Dropbox" for assistance.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, February 5, 2018 4:44 AM
  • HI JRV,

Thanks for the reply.

but the d:\Dropbox\my\Inbox\files_Today\  is the server local drive path which i rename is as dropbox.

or else is there a script to verify the size after transfer complete

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:19 AM
  • If you have disk issue then no script will fix this.  Perhaps you should repair your system.

Running a single command in a batch file is not a scripting issue.  The issue is that a system utility command is causing you problems.  Post in the Windows general forum or contact MS support for assistance.

You may also see size differences between NTFS and FAT drives or when you have disk issues on one of the drives.  In all cases this is not a scripting issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:30 AM
  • This is new machine with fresh OS installed. i dont think this is related to disk issue.

example : target has 22 notepad files the transfer were completed successfully to destination. but when i check all the notepad files the files where in diff size as attached image.

anyway let me post this to windows general forum.

• Edited by Karthik27 Monday, February 5, 2018 5:36 AM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 5:35 AM