"Some updates were not configured. Get more help [80040040]" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing

"Some updates were not configured.

Get more help [80040040]"

on Vista SP1 Ultimate 64-bit. I'm just fooling around with it so this is more an FYI than anything but if anyone has any ideas or needs logs/trace files, I'd be happy to provide them. Just let me know what steps to run.

Ray

Ray Hayes
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:35 AM

Answers

• Awesome :) Post a link to the connect bug so that people with similar problems can track it!
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:55 AM
  • mike46240 said:

What's the solution?  I'm getting this error.

Since the thread originator did not return to post a link to the Connect bug filed, the answer for you is to file a new bug:
    Sticky: How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 23, 2009 12:41 PM

All replies

• Found the logs/bug link above. I'm all set with that step.
    Ray Hayes
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:36 AM
  • Awesome :) Post a link to the connect bug so that people with similar problems can track it!
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:55 AM
  • What's the solution?  I'm getting this error.
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:45 AM
  • mike46240 said:

What's the solution?  I'm getting this error.

Since the thread originator did not return to post a link to the Connect bug filed, the answer for you is to file a new bug:
    Sticky: How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 23, 2009 12:41 PM
  • If you're getting the error on an upgrage, then there's a workable solution: uninstall Live Mesh from the computer, then reinstall it.  When asked to add a device, click the X to close it.  Since I've never seen Live Mesh remove a device upon uninstall, you'll just reconnect to the old device, everything will be as it was before.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:21 AM