Windows Home Server connecting a pc issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i am trying to connect one of my pcs to whs 2011 service pack 1 and when i run the software it says this error: Cannot connect the computer to the server because either anther software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process or restart the computer and try again.

i tried the connector software with 2 of my pcs and it failed with this error =/ 

I have all the updates installed for whs 2011 done so idk what is causing this.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:13 PM

Answers

• Search this forum - it's been answered many times. It's normally caused by a leftover from a Logitech webcam installation. The fix involves changing a registry entry.

Edit: OK, try this example: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c86e916-b60d-43bc-8a18-c5428624a823/cannot-connect-client-to-home-server-2011

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:59 PM Added link to solution
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 1:40 AM