SqlServerCe as both server and client RRS feed

• Question

• I want to synchronize between two SqlServerCe databases. Is  this possible? How?

Thanks,
    Wilson Oliveira
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:24 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 7:04 PM

Answers

• Using SQLCE as a server isn’t supported. I think one possible alternative would be use SQL as server and the 2 SQLCE databases would sync with the server respectively. Would this work for you?

Thanks,

Ann Tang
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:27 PM

All replies

• Using SQLCE as a server isn’t supported. I think one possible alternative would be use SQL as server and the 2 SQLCE databases would sync with the server respectively. Would this work for you?

Thanks,

Ann Tang
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:27 PM
  • Ann,

No,  that doesn't work for me.

The idea to use the SQLServerCE as server was because it is easy to deploy in a product. I think it should be supported as server and I don't see why it isn't already.

I'll try to do it with other embedded database as server (maybe firebird) with manual change tracking although it will be much harder.

Thanks,
    Wilson Oliveira
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:54 PM
  • SQLCE doesn't support concurrency and I believe this is one of the reasons SqlServerCE isn't supported as Server.

Thanks,

Ann Tang
    Friday, March 6, 2009 12:54 AM