Sharing and Backing Up Photos RRS feed

• Question

• What's the difference between sharing your photos via Windows Live Spaces and backing them up via OneCare?  Are the photos backed up by OneCare available in Spaces?  Or are they two separate storage systems?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:07 PM

Answers

• The photos backed up in the online backup in OneCare is a secure storage area that is only used to backup to and restore from. The photos are not available for viewing online by anyone. Photos in Windows Live Spaces is completely different.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

• The photos backed up in the online backup in OneCare is a secure storage area that is only used to backup to and restore from. The photos are not available for viewing online by anyone. Photos in Windows Live Spaces is completely different.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:05 PM
  • So...as long as I'm diligent, I can get free online storage for all my photos using Live Spaces instead of OneCare?  What's the incentive for me to pay $50 annually for only 10 GB (as opposed to unlimited space on Spaces)?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:25 PM
  • Automation and security.

Using Spaces, you need to upload manually and, though the environment is stable and I've not heard of problems, if something happens, there are no guarantees that your pictures are safe there. With the paid service, all picture files will upload automatically to the service.

Personally, I'm good with backing up locally and sharing pictures on Spaces or another service. I don't have the need for the online backup at that price. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:44 PM
  • If they could somehow integrate the photo storage used by Spaces, OneCare, and SkyDrive...I would gladly pay for that convenience.  For now, I think I'm happy just using Spaces and local backups.  Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:17 PM