XP validation problem RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello, I recently purchased a laptop with the home and student edition of windows through Dell (which is the OEM on my certificate)  and when I run the validation tool, I recieve notification that I have an invalid license, where do I go from here. Can someone please help me? Thank you.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:27 PM

Answers

• hthomson,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum.

The Certificate of Authenticity with the Product Key (found on the sticker on the side or bottom of your computer) is for Windows only and will not activate Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition.

Office programs  normally do not come standard on computers but are offered for an additional cost. Computer Manufacturers will often include a Trial version of Office, which allows you to use it for a limited number of uses after which, it will ask for a valid Microsoft Office Product Key. If you wish to continue using it, you would need to buy a Full Version of Microsoft Office.

If the copy of Office, that came with your computer is supposed to be a Full Version, then your vendor should have included in the documentation that came with your computer. If you are unable to find the Office Product Key and you still believe that the computer should have come with a Full Version of Office, please contact the Vendor and/or person that you bought the computer from for further assistance.

Please click the link below and call the phone number to get assistance activating your copy of Windows XP.

Also you may reference the following site for various Telephone Activation Centers:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

Thank you for visiting the WGA program forum. Post back if you have any issues and we may be able to help you further.

Rick, MS

• Marked as answer by RickImAPC Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:52 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:51 AM