WHS and EeePC RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought the EeePC 4G and install the connector software on it. Everything went fine. Backups were done every nights. I then wanted to do some tests with the EeePC and finally had to reformat the drive. I decided to reinstall a backup a few days old. I plugged a usb DVD-Rom in the client and run the WHS restore CD. After booting, I get the blue screen related to a driver. I retried with the latest Restore and same thing. Is there any incompatibility between WHS and EeePC? Is there any workaround for that issue?

Thanks,

Klode

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:11 PM

Answers

• It sounds as though you aren't installing any drivers that may be required. The Restore CD cannot, itself, install each and every driver that might be required, you have to make them available.

If you go through the Console, and open any backup for that particular Client, you will see a folder listed - Drivers for Restore.

Copy all the drivers from there, to a USB stick and have them available when you boot from the Restore CD.

Colin

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:11 PM
  • Some users have had problems restoring to hardware that requires specialized drivers, such as tablet PCs. It sounds like you're experiencing the same basic issue.

If you can remove the SSD and connect it to another computer you should be able to restore it on that computer. Connect it, boot the computer as normal, and use C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ClientRestoreWizard.exe to restore the Eee PC SSD.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:37 PM

All replies

• It sounds as though you aren't installing any drivers that may be required. The Restore CD cannot, itself, install each and every driver that might be required, you have to make them available.

If you go through the Console, and open any backup for that particular Client, you will see a folder listed - Drivers for Restore.

Copy all the drivers from there, to a USB stick and have them available when you boot from the Restore CD.

Colin

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:11 PM
  • Some users have had problems restoring to hardware that requires specialized drivers, such as tablet PCs. It sounds like you're experiencing the same basic issue.

If you can remove the SSD and connect it to another computer you should be able to restore it on that computer. Connect it, boot the computer as normal, and use C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ClientRestoreWizard.exe to restore the Eee PC SSD.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:37 PM